He didn’t play a down in the NFL during 2009 because of his being suspended by the NFL. From AP-
The Baltimore Ravens say they have signed wide receiver Donte’ Stallworth to a one-year contract.
Stallworth was recently released by the Cleveland Browns after being reinstated by the NFL following a one-year suspension. He was suspended for violating the league’s personal-conduct policy for a DUI vehicular manslaughter charge.
Stallworth served 30 days in a Miami jail for striking and killing a Miami construction worker with his car while driving under the influence of alcohol.
I thought the sentence was a travesty of justice at the time it happened and still believe so. Stallworth got special treatment because he is a pro athlete. If I had killed someone while DUI, my sentence would involve years in jail.
From strictly a football point of view, the Stallworth signing is a good move by Baltimore.
- WR Donte Stallworth suspended for entire 2009 NFL season
- NFL WR Donte Stallworth to serve 30 days for DUI Manslaughter
- Cleveland Browns WR Donte Stallworth to be charged with DUI Manslaughter
- Edmonton Oilers Goalie Nikolai Khabibulin sentenced to 30 days in jail
- Cardinals’ Tony La Russa arrested on DUI charge
- Miami Dolphin RB Ronnie Brown arrested for DUI
- Lions Assistant Suspended for Nude, Drunk Driving
- Weekly Miami Dolphins prediction
- Miami Dolphin CB Will Allen charged with DUI
- NY Giant WR Plaxico Burress pleads guilty to felony charge
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed