Porter, who is in Coach Sparano’s dog house at present, was being let go due to salary cap considerations. From the Miami Herald-
The Miami Dolphins did Friday what many figured they would do even before Joey Porter made a mini-campaign for it last week — they released the outside linebacker with two years left on his contract.
Then, Porter boomeranged back onto the Dolphins’ roster.
“The release of Joey Porter was determined to be an invalid termination,” the Dolphins said in a statement. “Therefore at this time, Porter reverts back to the Miami Dolphins roster.”
Releasing Porter now accelerates certain contract monies against the 2009 salary cap and the Dolphins don’t have enough room for that acceleration. They have to hold on to Porter until March 5. Which means, unless they trade him before then, Porter will get his $1 million roster bonus due March 1.
I get a good laugh out of this. Miami can’t even waive a player properly. How will they do NFL draft time? The team has had just two Pro Bowl 1st rounders in the last 15 years. Wide Receiver Chris Chambers and OT Jake Long.
- How about them Dolphins?
- Miami Dolphins sign LB Karlos Dansby and QB Chad Pennington
- Arizona Cardinals sign LB Joey Porter
- T.O. Signs Potential Record Contract with Dallas Cowboys
- Is Randy McMichael about to be traded?
- Miami Dolphins sign G Richie Incognito
- Witten Signs Extension with Dallas
- Joey Porter cited for battery in Las Vegas
- Another quick fix at QB for the Miami Dolphins?
- Miami Dolphins release DE Vonnie Holiday
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed