He only spent 48 games in a Panther uniform. From AP-
The Florida Panthers have traded center Dominic Moore to the Montreal Canadiens for a second-round pick in the 2011 draft.
Moore, signed by the Panthers as a free agent after the start of the 2009-10 season, had eight goals and nine assists in 48 games for Florida.
Moore is a six-year veteran who has also played for the Rangers, Penguins, Wild, Maple Leafs and Sabres.
Moore’s best season was 2008-09 when he scored 32 points, 13 of which were on goals.
I liked Moore in his brief tenure with Florida. He always seemed to hustle. I don’t think he is worth a 2nd round pick, so IMHO Florida came out great on this deal. The bad side- It will be 4-5 before Florida has something to show for this trade. Unless they deal the make a trade with it in order to get a scorer.
This trade tells me Florida is throwing in the towel on the 2009-10. The team is 12th in the Eastern Conference at 24-26-9 but more importantly have lost 4 games in a row in which the team looked absolutely horrible. Over the last 11 games, the Panthers have only scored 13 goals. I was never optimistic about this team’s playoff chances. Now I’m writing Florida off for sure.
- Florida Panthers trade D Jordan Leopold to Pittsburgh
- Florida Panthers sign C Dominic Moore
- Florida Panthers trade Nathan Horton to Boston
- Florida Panthers and Toronto Maple Leafs exchange defensemen
- A big win- Florida defeats Carolina 4-2
- Collapse- Washington wins in shootout, beats Florida 5-4
- Atlanta Thrashers sign Noah Welch and Anthony Stewart
- Calgary Flames trade Olli Jokinen to the NY Rangers
- Florida Panthers acquire 34-year-old rookie defensemen
- Anaheim Ducks sign Defenseman Steve Eminger
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed