He is also in the WWE Hall of Fame. RIP.
Former Oklahoma State NCAA wrestling champion Jack Brisco has died at age 68.
The university said Tuesday that Brisco died on Monday after suffering from heart disease.
Brisco was a native of Blackwell and was the 1964 and 1965 Big Eight champion at 191 pounds. He was runner-up for the national title in 1964 and won the NCAA championship the following year. He finished 27-1-1 as a Cowboy.
He wrestled professionally after college and was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2008.
- Former Olympic Gold medal wrestler Henry Wittenberg dead at 91
- NHL Hall of Famer Ted ‘Teeder’ Kennedy dead at 83
- LPGA Founder Betty Jameson Dead at 89
- Former Notre Dame and NFL football player Jack Zilly dead at 88
- Dale Earnhardt Posthumously Enters Hall of Fame
- Former middleweight champ Joey Giardello dead at age 78
- Floyd Patterson, Former Heavyweight Champ, Dies at 71
- Former Texas Western head coach Don Haskins dead at 78
- Former U of Cincinnati and NY Knick Center Paul Hogue dead at 69
- Former Ole Miss QB and NFL punter Eagle Day dead at 75
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed