How much does it cost to go from East Rutherford to the Presidential Center via the New Jersey turnpike? From AP-
The New Jersey Nets are going to play in Newark, at least for the next two seasons.
The NBA team reached a deal with the state to move their regular-season games to Newark’s Prudential Center until their new arena is built in Brooklyn.
Under the deal, the Nets will pay a $4 million penalty over two years to get out of their lease at the Izod Center in the Meadowlands in East Rutherford, their home since 1981.
The Nets plan to finish the current season at the Izod Center and move to “The Rock” in downtown Newark for the 2010-11 and the 2011-12 seasons.
Few people remember this, but in the last days of the Brooklyn Dodgers, the team played seven home 1956 or 1957 home games in Jersey City rather than Brooklyn. A sports team is taking the reverse path back to that New York borough and I find that interesting.
- New Jersey’s Jason Kidd wants a trade
- New Jersey Nets newest fan promotion- free tax preparation
- Guess who’s coming to Dinner?- NJ Nets to sell player appearances
- 0-18- Dallas beats New Jersey 117-101
- Don’t just stand there- NJ Nets fire coach Lawrence Frank
- Things are looking up? Cleveland beats New Jersey 94-86
- Ticking clock- Miami beats New Jersey 99-89
- Report questions age of New Jersey Nets’ Yi
- New Jersey Nets ban gambling on team plane
- Former Brooklyn Dodger Johnny Podres dead at 75
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed