The bad weather on the east coast is playing havoc with both pro and college sports. From AP-
The game between the Atlanta Hawks and Washington Wizards has been postponed because of the blizzard that battered the Mid-Atlantic region.
The NBA said on Saturday that neither the Hawks or Wizards could fly to Washington after their games Friday night. The Wizards played at Orlando and the Hawks hosted the Bulls.
The game will be rescheduled for a date yet to be announced.
A record 2Â½ feet of snow or more was predicted for Washington.
A slew of mid-Atlantic men’s college basketball games slated for Saturday afternoon were also postponed or canceled, including Florida A&M at Morgan State, St. Bonaventure at Saint Joseph’s and James Madison at Towson.
The Atlanta Thrashers were stuck in Virginia after playing the Washington Capitals last night. They only got to Atlanta around 6 p.m. tonight and are currently playing the Florida Panthers.
2 and a half feet of snow. Are scientists sure it isn’t global cooling instead of global warming?
- The last blow(out)- Atlanta Hawks eliminate Miami Heat 91-78
- Washington Wizard Josh Howard out for the season with a torn ACL
- Washington Wizards give Coach Flip Saunders his 600th career win
- One at a time- Washington defeats New Jersey 81-79
- Philadelphia Phillie Jamie Moyer hospitalized with blood infection
- Washington Wizards fire Coach Eddie Jordan
- Snow delays kickoffs of Ravens-Bears and Eagles-49ers games
- Atlanta Hawks’ shot-clock protest denied by NBA
- Two Washington Wizards players arrested on South Beach
- 2010 Olympic venue closed due to heavy rains
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed