That broken wrist he suffered last month isn’t keeping him out of fights. From the Toronto Star-
This isn’t how the Maple Leafs hoped Mikhail Grabovski would be spending his Olympic break.
The 26-year-old centre was arrested at 2:30 a.m. Saturday by Vancouver police and kept in jail overnight after allegedly being involved in a street altercation.
Grabovski was apparently released to his parents at about 9 a.m. Saturday.
Leafs GM Brian Burke said in a news release he was “aware” of the incident. “Since we are presently investigating this matter, the team will not provide any further comment at this time.”
The details of the incident are unclear, but apparently an argument on the street escalated into a situation in which punches might have been thrown, possibly at least one by Grabovski. No charges had been laid as of late Saturday evening.
The wrist injury took place on January 2nd. He was scheduled to play for Belarus in the Olympics.
IMHO Grabovski is an overpriced NHL player and just another example of why Toronto is one of the worst run teams in the NHL. They are paying nearly 3 million dollars for a player with 7 goals and 12 assists scored this year.
- Oregon RB LaMichael James arrested on domestic violence charges
- Ron Wilson becomes new Toronto Maple Leafs coach
- Toronto Maple Leaf Goalie Jonas Gustavsson to see cardiac specialist
- Ricky Williams to play for Toronto Argonauts
- Toronto Maple Leafs trade Goalie Justin Pogge to Anaheim
- NHL Hall of Famer Ted ‘Teeder’ Kennedy dead at 83
- Toronto’s Nik Antropov suspended 3 games for throwing stick
- Toronto Maple Leafs complete separate trades with Anaheim and Calgary
- Hockey fan buys dressing room toilet for $5,300
- Waffle throwing fan banned from Toronto Maple Leaf games
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed