Things get pretty heated between Beehive State rivals. From AP-
Utah freshman Marshall Henderson has been suspended one game for hitting a BYU player in a game last week.
Utes coach Jim Boylen said Monday that Henderson will sit out Wednesday against Colorado State.
Henderson was ejected with 34 seconds left in BYU’s 82-69 win over Utah on Saturday in Provo for a flagrant foul on Jackson Emery.
Emery was following Henderson along the baseline after the initial play and had some words for the Utah player, who hit Emery in the face with a backhand.
Under NCAA regulations, fighting warrants an automatic suspension. Is one game sufficient enough a penalty? I would have gone for two myself.
Here’s the incident on video. Note that the person who posted it to Youtube thinks Emery exaggerated the impact of the punch he received.
- NHL suspends Washington Defensemen Mike Green suspended for 3 games
- Alex Ovechkin ejected for hit on Brian Campbell
- NHL Approves Rule Changes for 2007-2008 Season
- Toronto’s Nik Antropov suspended 3 games for throwing stick
- TCU to join Big East Conference
- North Dakota to sue NCAA over nickname
- Montreal Canadien Maxim Lapierre suspended for 4 games
- Utah basketball coach suspends player for intentional foul
- Dallas Stars Steve Ott suspended for eye goguing
- Utah State hires Utah coordinator Gary Andersen as head football coach
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed