The former Miami Dolphin will be re-united with several coaches he was familiar with during his Pittsburgh Steeler days. From the Arizona Republic-
The Cardinals were successful in sacking opposing quarterbacks last season, but it often took creative schemes to get them there.
They are hoping the path in 2010 is more direct after agreeing to terms Friday with Joey Porter, one of the NFL’s better pass rushers over the past decade. Financial terms of the three-year deal were not available.
“There is no question we were able to generate sacks last year but we were doing it with blitzing,” coach Ken Whisenhunt said. “This gives us a guy who can win one-on-one matchups and allows us to rush with four (players). That’s a component we were missing to a degree.”
There were reasons, however, that Porter was available. He has played 11 seasons and turns 33 on Monday. He became a part-time player last season with the Dolphins and didn’t hide his displeasure over that development.
Essentially Arizona and Miami have exchanged inside linebackers. Porter signed with the Cardinals, Karlos Dansby signing with Miami. My opinion still stands- As I see it, Dansby replacing Porter is a big improvement. Dansby is as good or better, younger, and without JPâ€™s baggage.
- Miami Dolphins sign LB Karlos Dansby and QB Chad Pennington
- Boomeranged- Miami makes a waiver mistake on LB Joey Porter
- Miami Dolphins sign G Richie Incognito
- Joey Porter cited for battery in Las Vegas
- Weekly Miami Dolphins prediction
- Junior Seau to Retire
- Weekly Miami Dolphins Prediction
- Cards fire Dennis Green after 3 losing seasons
- Are Miami Dolphin owner Wayne Huizenga and Def. Coordinator Don Capers Clueless?
- How about them Dolphins?
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed