As Moore was a restricted free agent, this news is hardly surprising.
Matt Moore has signed his one-year, $3.043 million tender with the Carolina Panthers, who have declared him the starting quarterback going into training camp.
Moore’s agent, Lynn Lashbrook, says Moore preferred to sign the tender rather than test the free agency market. Thursday’s move comes a week after the Panthers released longtime starter Jake Delhomme.
The 25-year-old Moore went 4-1 as a starter with eight touchdowns and two interceptions and a passer rating of 98.5 after Delhomme was sidelined with a broken finger at the end of last season.
Moore was very good to excellent last year. On the other hand, Moore had lousy numbers(67 passing rating, 3 TDs to 5 INT) in 2007 in almost the exact same amount of playing time. Moore may have improved as a quarterback, but I’d want more proof before jumping on his bandwagon. Carolina should bring in an experienced #2, maybe Tyler Thigpen of the Miami Dolphins will interest the Panthers. Though I’d dump Pat White first if I was Miami’s GM.(Carolina nor any other NFL team is likely to be interested in White as a QB.)
- Carolina QB Jake Delhomme has a broken finger
- Carolina Panthers QB Jake Delhomme out for season
- Cleveland Browns sign QB Jake Delhomme
- Florida Panthers sign C Dominic Moore
- Seattle trades QB Seneca Wallace to Cleveland
- Florida Panthers trade Dominic Moore to Montreal
- Matt Moore The Next Tony Romo?
- Florida Panthers- Even more pain
- Testaverde Returning for 21st Season
- Pineiro to Red Sox?
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed