The Knights last made the NCAA tournament in 2005. From AP-
Kirk Speraw is out after 17 years as Central Florida’s coach.
UCF announced Monday that Speraw would not be retained after a disappointing 15-17 season, ending one of the longest active tenures in the nation. Associate head coach Mike Jaskulski will serve as interim coach.
UCF athletics director Keith Tribble said in a statement that it “was not an easy decision, but one we felt will serve in the best interest of our program’s direction.”
Speraw finished as the school’s winningest coach with a 279-233 record.
UCF has always been a lesser college basketball in Florida. If the goal of the school is to upgrade the basketball program, the firing of Speraw makes sense. I just don’t think the Knights will be more than the 4th best school in the states for at least a few more years.
- Army fires basketball coach Jim Crews
- Penn State’s Rene Portland resigns
- Miami Fires Larry Coker
- Hofstra University to drop football program
- 16 again- Texas HS Basketball player really 22
- Florida International University hires Isiah Thomas
- Art Shell Fired by Raiders – Again
- Tennessee Martin basketball coach resigns after internal audit
- Michigan School Cancels Football Season for Scoreless Team
- Jim O’Brien Wins $2.2 Million from Ohio State
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed