How the mighty have fallen. From ESPN-
Brady Quinn will get a chance to start over in Denver. Whether he’ll get to start is up in the air.
The Broncos acquired the former first-round draft pick from the Cleveland Browns for fullback Peyton Hillis, a 2011 sixth-round draft pick and a conditional pick in 2012.
The teams announced the trade Sunday and said the deal is pending physicals.
Ostensibly, Quinn will compete with Kyle Orton for the Broncos’ starting job, although coach Josh McDaniels was unavailable Sunday to comment on the trade, according to a team spokesman.
Quinn’s departure comes one day after the Browns agreed to terms with free agent Jake Delhomme on a two-year contract. Quinn went 3-9 in 12 starts for Cleveland, which drafted him with the 22nd pick in the first round in 2007 out of Notre Dame.
Quinn was supposed to be one of the next great quarterbacks but has instead been one big disappointment. All right, Cleveland stinks but Quinn has shown little to say he may be better than the team he played for. He doesn’t appear to have the arm to be a deep passing threat and IMHO he won’t improve much if at all in Denver.
- Cleveland Browns go back to Derek Anderson as starting QB
- Brady Quinn holding out on the Cleveland Browns
- Browns Trade Charlie Frye, Starting QB
- Broncos Trade 1st Rounder to 49ers for 2nd and 3rd
- Cleveland Browns sign QB Jake Delhomme
- Seattle trades QB Seneca Wallace to Cleveland
- QB Brady Quinn out for the year with a broken finger
- Should the Miami Dolphins draft Brady Quinn
- Dallas – Cleveland Draft Day Trade
- Denver Bronco TE Richard Quinn arrested on domestic violence charges
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed