The Suns scored the most points in a NBA game this season. From AP-
It’s an NBA law of physics: Put the highest-scoring team in the league against arguably the worst defense and watch the scoreboard light up like the Fourth of July.
Jason Richardson scored 27 points and Amare Stoudemire 25, then sat with the rest of the Phoenix starters while the Suns’ reserves finished off a 152-114 rout of Minnesota on Monday night in the highest-scoring game by an NBA team this season.
Lou Amundson matched his career high with 20 points as Phoenix sent the Timberwolves to their 10th straight loss and 16th in the last 17 games.
The Suns, with eight players in double figures, shot 56 percent from the field and 15 of 31 from 3-point range to win their ninth in 12 games.
Minnesota is 14-54 this year. Which makes them not a whole lot better than New Jersey who is 7-60 and trying to avoid setting a new mark for the worst record in NBA history.
- Miracle in Minneapolis- Timberwolves beat Suns 117-107
- Battle of the worst- Minnesota beats New Jersey 103-99
- Keep digging- Indiana beats Phoenix 122-114
- Record rout- Dallas annihilates New York 128-78
- Minnesota Timberwolves report trade before it’s completed
- #9 Georgetown holds FIU to 38 points, wins 76-38
- Streaks of one- Miami beats New Jersey 87-84
- How about those 0-5 Miami Heat
- Minnesota Timberwolves suspend C Al Jefferson after DWI arrest
- Milwaukee Coach Scott Skiles hospitalized for an irregular heartbeat
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed