It tied a record set almost 25 years ago. From AP-
Alex Steen of the St. Louis Blues tied a franchise record for fastest goal to start a game, scoring at the eight-second mark Tuesday night against the Colorado Avalanche.
Steen’s 20th goal tied the mark set by Greg Paslawski on Oct. 29, 1985 against the Washington Capitals.
Peter Budaj stopped Steen’s shot from the left boards after the Blues won the opening faceoff but the rebound appeared to deflect off left wing T.J. Galliardi on its way into the net.
Peter Budaj was in goal for Colorado.
- Colorado Avalanche Goalie Peter Budaj has the swine flu
- Capitals Alex Ovechkin scores 60th goal of the season
- Washington limits Vancouver to just 10 shots on goal
- The incredible Tomas Vokoun
- Capitals outshoot Flyers 48 to 28 but lose 7-1
- Collapse- Washington wins in shootout, beats Florida 5-4
- Alex the Great- Washington trounces Toronto 6-1
- No way Jose- FL Panthers rout Washington 6-2
- Back on track? Washington beats NY Rangers 4-0
- Whacked- Washington Capitals beat Florida 7-4
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed