The Huskies broke the consecutive win streak also set by the Huskies back in 2001-03. From AP-
Tina Charles, Maya Moore and the latest Connecticut Huskies dynasty now have their own place in the record books.
Charles scored 16 points and Moore added 11 to help top-ranked Connecticut win an NCAA record 71st straight game — a 59-44 victory over Notre Dame (No. 7 ESPN/USA Today, No. 6 AP) on Monday night in the semifinals of the Big East tournament.
UConn surpassed its own mark set from Nov. 9, 2001, to March 11, 2003. Unlike that amazing run, which ended in a loss in the Big East conference tournament semifinals to Villanova, this Huskies team has thoroughly dominated its opponents in every game, winning all of them by double digits.
Connecticut (32-0) will face either West Virginia or Rutgers on Tuesday night with a chance to win its 16th Big East conference tournament championship.
Maybe the most spectacular aspect of UConn’s record is the fact they have seldom been behind in any of the 71 games. Has there ever been a more perfect sports team?
- George Mason Makes Final Four
- The Suns’ Win Streak Hits 28…
- Washington State Basketball Coach June Daugherty hospitalized for cardiac arrest
- 2010 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament- March 18th
- South Florida to name Skip Holtz to be its next football coach
- Venus Williams defeats Israel’s Shahar Peer at the Dubai Tennis Championships
- Butler Did It
- Streaks of one- Miami beats New Jersey 87-84
- FBR out as PGA Tour sponsor
- Houston Cougars Basketball Coach Tom Penders resigns
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed