What is going on with the Cats right now? For 13 games the team couldn’t score more than two goals in any game. Now they’ve scored 11 in their last two.
First a 7-4 victory over Philadelphia. Then tonight’s game.
Vokoun was great in goal like he has been most of the season. Defenseman Bryan McCabe scored three assists for the 2nd straight game. To be honest, McCabe is a defenseman who contributes offensively to the teams he’s played for. Look at his assist totals for the last five NHL seasons-
McCabe has 26 assists so far for the 2009-10 season.
How about Kamil Kreps scoring two goals? One assisted by Nick Tarnasky who gets in ten fights at least for every point he scores.
Kreps has gotten to three goals on the year now. Watch Panther Coach Peter DeBoer put him on another line other than the 4th now. Tonight aside, Kreps is a crappy player. His best NHL season was 2007-08 when he scored 8 goals and 17 assists in 76 games played.
At one point in tonight’s game, two Panther defensemen had a shorthanded odd man rush. What is going on at the Bank Atlantic Center right now?
Florida starts a three-game road trip on Tuesday. First they play Minnesota, then Colorado, then San Jose. The team is currently 26-28-10 for the season and 12th in the Eastern Conference. They are just 4 points away from the last playoff spot, but the bad news is that 3 teams are tied for that one last spot.
The cats may be getting ready to make a late playoff rush. I still don’t think they will be playing this NHL post season.
- Holding on for dear life- Florida Panthers defeat Tampa 4-3
- Shawn the Man- Florida beats Montreal 2-1
- That 70′s show- Florida outfights Philadelphia 4-1
- Atlanta Thrashers sign Noah Welch and Anthony Stewart
- Clipping their wings- Florida pounds Atlanta 8-4
- Record win- Florida beats Minnesota 3-2
- Payback- Florida beats Atlanta 4-3
- What are you waiting for?- Florida Panthers beat Colorado 6-5
- No way Jose- FL Panthers rout Washington 6-2
- Florida Goalie Tomas Vokoun gets no respect
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed