Is everyone sure this is major league basketball team. From ESPN-
The New Jersey Nets will do anything to sell tickets â€¦ except win.
In the wake of their NBA-worst 6-53 record, the Nets have come up with yet another ploy to fill seats — free tax returns.
The team has partnered up with Roni Deutch Tax Center to give every New Jersey resident 18 years or older a coupon for a free state tax return if they attend the Nets’ game against the Orlando Magic at the IZOD Center on Friday, March 5.
Fans in attendance will also receive a discount on their federal tax returns if they choose to have Roni Deutch prepare them, as well.
The Nets are dreadful this year(They haven’t won 2 games in a row all season) and are trying to bring in fans any way they can. I don’t really think this is a dumb fan promotion but at the same time believe it won’t bring more fans to see a New Jersey game.
- New Jersey Nets to play games in Newark starting with the 2010-11 season
- Guess who’s coming to Dinner?- NJ Nets to sell player appearances
- 0-18- Dallas beats New Jersey 117-101
- Ticking clock- Miami beats New Jersey 99-89
- Don’t just stand there- NJ Nets fire coach Lawrence Frank
- One at a time- Washington defeats New Jersey 81-79
- Report questions age of New Jersey Nets’ Yi
- Streaks of one- Miami beats New Jersey 87-84
- New Jersey’s Jason Kidd wants a trade
- NBA Forward Shawne Williams indicted on felony drug charges
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed