This won’t be of help as the Free agent looks to sign with another team. From ESPN-
Free agent Jason Ferguson, a veteran nose tackle most recently with the Miami Dolphins, has been suspended for the first eight games of next season for violating NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances.
NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed on Sunday that the discipline was handed down late this week but could offer no further details. Ferguson was also suspended for violating NFL drug policy in 1999, sitting out four games after an anabolic steroid showed up during a urine test.
The player’s agent, Jimmy Sexton, did not return a call Sunday seeking comment.
Ferguson was sidelined with a season-ending quadriceps injury in November and underwent surgery a month later. The 35-year-old had been in on 23 tackles in nine games for the Dolphins last season.
So far as I know, Ferguson wasn’t in the Dolphins plans for 2010. I’m fairly certain that is guaranteed now in light of his suspension. Defensive Tackle or Nose Guard is another position Miami is in need of help at.
- Cowboys Sign Tank Johnson
- Daunte Culpepper placed on Injured Reserve
- Ricky Williams seeks NFL reinstatement
- Bears Waive Tank Johnson
- Ricky Williams Suspended for 2006
- Dolphin QB Trent Green out indefinitely
- Indianapolis Colt DT Ed Johnson charged with drug possession
- Dolphins Sign Jake Long
- Breaking: Pacman Jones and Chris Henry Suspended
- Shawne Merriman Suspended for Steroids
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed