Rumors say fans were frozen to their seats when the game was over. From AP-
It took five overtimes and nearly six hours, but Quinnipiac managed to edge out Union College 3-2 early Saturday in the longest hockey game in college history.
Greg Holt of the Bobcats scored with 10:22 remaining in the fifth overtime to give Quinnipiac the win in the ECAC best-of-three quarterfinal series.
At 150 minutes and 22 seconds, it was the longest game in college hockey history. The previous record was set in 2006, when Yale beat Union College 3-2 in a game that was 141 minutes and 35 seconds long.
Union scored two goals in the first period, while Quinnipiac scored a goal each in the first and second periods.
As you see Union College lost the previous record holding game also. Will they go for three in a row some where down the line?
- Texas and Boston College play the longest baseball game in NCAA history
- Record comeback- Chicago Blackhawks beat Calgary 6-5
- The dumps- Carolina lose 10th in a row, Florida Panthers wins 3-0
- Throwing in the towel- Phoenix beats Florida 4-3
- Finland Eliminates Americans in Hockey
- Florida Panther Steven Reinprecht scores a hat trick in less than one period
- Clipping their wings- Florida pounds Atlanta 8-4
- Dallas-Vancouver Play 6th Longest Playoff Game Ever
- Yale head football Coach Jack Siedlecki retires
- The Mighty Ducks- Anaheim beats San Jose 4-1, take series
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed