The Dolphins finally make their selection. A Defensive Tackle when they’re using a 3-4 Defense? I thought OLB and Safety were bigger needs for the fins. Oh well.
NFL.com writes- Pick Analysis: The Dolphins needed to add more beef to their front line, and the selection of Jared Odrick gives them size at the defensive end position. As the “five-technique” in the Dolphins’ 3-4, Odrick has the length to occupy blockers on the edge, and his relentless style often leads to disruptive plays at the line of scrimmage. With Mike Nolan slated to tweak the team’s defense, Odrick could be a key cog as an interior defender.
Odrick has a good combination of size and strength. He is more of a run-stopper with power to hold the point but needs to utilize his hands more consistently to separate to the ball. Odrick shows power to collapse the pocket as a pass rusher but again needs to expand his pass rush package with more moves and counters to contribute at the next level. He feels pad pressure well and constricts running lanes effectively. He has some limitations (lateral agility and speed) but plays with a good motor and often wins with effort. Odrick could be considered a versatile prospect as an end in a 3-4 front or tackle in 4-3 schemes. Odrick has upside if he can improve his overall technique at the next level.
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #2 â€“ Detroit Lions- DT Ndamukong Suh
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 2 #41- Buffalo- DT Terell Troup DT
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #31- Indianapolis- DE Jerry Hughes
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 2 #35- Tampa Bay- DT Brian Price
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #10- Jacksonville DE Tyson Alualu
- NFL Draft 2011 Round 1 #30 New York Jets DT Muhammad Wilkerson
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 3 #67- Kansas City Chiefs- DT Alex Magee
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 2 #40- Miami Dolphins(From Seattle through San Diego)- LB Koa Misi
- 2010 Round 2 Mock NFL Draft
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 1 #29 – San Francisco 49ers – NT Kentwan Balmer
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed