The first pick of the draft for the Panthers and they go for rapidly dropping Jimmy Clausen. Clausen doesn’t have the arm strength to be a top NFL Quarterback. He also sidearms the ball. Not a good combo for the pros. Carolina is going to regret this pick.
NFL.com writes- The Panthers surprisingly land a franchise quarterback in the second round with the selection of Jimmy Clausen. The former Notre Dame star was expected to come off the boards in the early part of the first round, but questions about his leadership skills and personality led to a dramatic slide down the charts. Although the free fall has surely dampened Clausen’s spirits, the opportunity to go to a franchise without an established starter could lead to early playing time, if he performs to his potential during the preseason.
Clausen has been the face of the Notre Dame program for the past three years and has shown improvement in virtually every aspect of his game each year. He lacks a cannon for an arm but he does have a live arm and a quick delivery that allows him to get the ball out quickly. He has close to a Â¾-arm delivery which coupled with his lack of top height can cause some of his passes to get knocked down or tipped by pass rushers. He has been well coached and understands a pro style offense, so he is apt to come to camp better prepared than most. He is recovering from toe surgery and will not participate in combine drills.
- Ship wreck- Navy beats Notre Dame 23-21
- 2010 Round 2 Mock NFL Draft
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 3 #25- Carolina- QB Armanti Edwards
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #25- Denver(From Baltimore)- QB Tim Tebow
- Brady Quinn Line of the Day
- Should the Miami Dolphins draft Brady Quinn
- 2010 NFL Draft to include record tying 53 non-seniors
- Navy beats Notre Dame in triple overtime
- NFL Draft 2007 – Philadelphia Eagles Take Houston QB Kevin Kolb
- Former Notre Dame and NFL football player Jack Zilly dead at 88
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed