The first selection of the draft for Bears.
NFL.com writes- Pick Analysis: The Bears have struggled at safety over the past few years, and the selection of Major Wright is an attempt to finally shore up the spot. He has solid overall skills, and gives Chicago a steady presence in the middle of the field. Given the team’s preference for playing two-deep coverage, Wright’s consistent play is a welcome addition.
Wright has good size, strength and toughness for the safety position. He is an instinctive defender that fills the alley quickly versus the run. He is a good open field tackler and can be physical to deliver a big hit. Wright reads route progressions well and is solid leveraging the ball in zone coverageâ€™s. He can be inconsistent to shed blockers and will need to improve in this phase of his game at the next level. Wright doesnâ€™t have great speed or agility which may limit his ability to be effective in zone coverage. Wright is a good football player that wins with toughness, instincts and technique but may lack the pure athleticism to break into a starting roll at the next level.
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 4 #21- Miami- LB A.J. Edds
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #14- Seattle(From Denver)- S Earl Thomas
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #8- Oakland- LB Ronaldo McClain
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #31- Indianapolis- DE Jerry Hughes
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 2 #37- Philadelphia- S Nathaniel Allen
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #19- Atlanta – LB Sean Weatherspoon
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 5 #32- Miami- S Reshad Jones
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 1 #8 – Jacksonville Jaguars – DE Derrick Harvey (via Baltimore Ravens)
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 2 #34- New England Patriots- S Patrick Chung
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 1 #27 – San Diego Chargers – CB Antoine Cason
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed