Are the Panthers out of their mind? First they draft Jimmy Clausen, a quarterback that doesn’t have the tools to be a top line NFL quarterback, next they use a draft pick on someone to run the Wildcat offense. The Wildcat is a gimmick which the NFL is rapidly catching on to. A player selected just based on that is going to fail unless they have some other skills to play in the NFL. The Miami Dolphins selected Pat White in the 2009 Draft and I was critical of it at the time and we know how that worked out last year.
NFL.com writes- Pick Analysis: The Panthers pick up a wild card athlete in Armanti Edwards. The small-school standout was an outstanding quarterback during his time at Appalachian State, but could be in line for a move to wide receiver in the pros. Given his versatile skills and playmaking ability, the Panthers could use Edwards as a “Wildcat” option.
Edwards is a four-year starter that led his team to two national titles as well as a playoff run in the other two seasons. He is an undersized quarterback that will need to be projected to another position to take advantage of his speed, quickness and athleticism. He has had some durability issues and will need to bulk up if he wants to play at the next level. He is explosive and can force defenders to grab nothing but air with his elusiveness and cutting ability. He will require some time to learn how to run routes and to control his speed so he can give defenders different looks as he runs his routes.
- NFL Draft 2011 Round 1 #19 New York Giants CB Prince Amukamara
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 1 #30 – New York Jets – Dustin Keller (via Green Bay Packers)
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 2 #39- Tampa Bay(From Oakland)- WR Arrelious Benn
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 2 #44- Miami Dolphins- QB/WR Pat White
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 3 #87 – Miami Dolphins- WR Patrick Turner
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #22- Denver from (New England)- WR Demaryius Thomas
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 7 #5- Miami- LB Chris McCoy
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #31 – Chicago Bears – TE Greg Olsen
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 7 #229 – Dallas Cowboys – WR Manuel Johnson
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 1 #26 – Houston Texans – OT Duane Brown
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed