I’m surprised by this pick. Johns is versatile but offensive line help rated lower to me than picking a safety or Tight End. Especially when one of the later, Jimmy Graham of the Miami Hurricanes, was still out there waiting to be picked.
NFL.com writes- The Dolphins opt for a developmental offensive tackle to bolster their depth along the line. Jerry has good size and strength, while possessing the ideal skill set to move inside to guard. With his versatility and talent, Jerry could develop into a solid contributor in time.
Jerry is a massive lineman that moved to tackle for his senior year at “Ole Miss” but will need to move back inside to guard for the next level. He can engulf and overpower opponents once he gets his hands on them but can also struggle against speed when playing on the edge. He is not a natural knee bender and tends to let his pad level get too high on a lot of blocks. He is more of a mauler and brawler than an explosive blocker and knocks opponents off the ball. He could stand to lose some weight if he wants to become a full-time player at the next level.
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 2 #33- St. Louis- OT Rodger Saffold
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #29 – Baltimore Ravens – OG Ben Grubbs
- Jones: Cutting Larry Allen Hurt
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 3 #75 – Dallas Cowboys- OT Robert Brewster
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 6 #181 – Miami Dolphins – OT Andrew Gardner
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 1 #14 – Chicago Bears – Chris Williams
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 1 #15 – Kansas City – Branden Albert (via Detroit Lions)
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #23- Green Bay OT Bryan Bulaga
- Jerry Jones Optimistic Cowboys Offensive Line
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 1 #21 – Atlanta Falcons – OT Sam Baker (via Washington Redskins)
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed