The only reason I’m commenting on this pick is that this is second Tight End has taken in the 2010 Draft. At one of ESPN’s analysts liked the selections, stating that Baltimore’s GM was taking the best player available and that is why the Ravens are consistently good. The Ravens have been good, but over drafting at one position isn’t the way to stay there IMHO.
Also I want to make note how dumb the Dolphins are looking now. The Ravens have two tight ends selected, Miami is still looking for one. Depth on the offense line, aka the John Jerry, pick could have waited.
NFL.com writes on Pitta- Pitta is an older senior in that he has five years of football at BYU plus a two year mission which will put him at 25 during his rookie season. He is more of a receiving tight end than a blocking or dual purpose one and will need some time to get used to lining up in a three point stance as BYU generally flexes their tight ends out in a two point stance. He is not real explosive on his release and will need some work on escaping the press at the next level.
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #29 – Baltimore Ravens – OG Ben Grubbs
- Kansas City Chiefs trade TE Tony Gonzalez to Atlanta
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #31 – Chicago Bears – TE Greg Olsen
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 4 #21- Miami- LB A.J. Edds
- Miami Dolphins place TE David Martin on Injured Reserve
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #28 – San Francisco 49ers – OT Joe Staley
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 2 #61 – Dallas Cowboys – Martellus Bennett
- NFL Draft 2009 – Round 1 #2 – St. Louis Rams – OT Jason Smith
- Iraq veteran and Ole Miss LB Tony Fein dead at age 27
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #12 – Buffalo Bills – RB Marshawn Lynch
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed