The Dolphins pick another linebacker. I wonder how much this move was forced by their Jerry selection. Other needs, Tight End and Safety, got postponed too long.
NFL.com writes- Pick analysis- The Dolphins add A.J Edds to provide depth to their linebacker corps and special teams units. Though he isn’t regarded as a great athlete, Edds is a high-motor player with the toughness and competitiveness to excel as a back up.
Edds has been a productive three year starter for the Hawkeye defense. He wins with intelligence, toughness, instincts and technique rather than elite athleticism. Edds has decent range in pursuit and is aggressive to the pile. He is effective leveraging tight ends but needs added strength and power to set the edge versus larger offensive lineman. Edds needs to react quicker as route progressions unfold but has enough athleticism and instincts to be an effective zone coverage defender. He may be a liability in man schemes versus athletic tight ends and backs. Edds is a reliable open field tackler but not explosive on contact. Edds is a good football player that will likely contribute on special teams as well as giving valuable depth in his rookie season.
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 3 #11- Chicago- S Major Wright
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 2 #38- Cleveland- S T.J. Ward
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #7- Cleveland- CB Joe Haden
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 2 #40- Miami Dolphins(From Seattle through San Diego)- LB Koa Misi
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 2 #34- Minnesota- CB Chris Cook
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #27- New England(From Dallas)- CB Devin McCourty
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #8- Oakland- LB Ronaldo McClain
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 4 #16- Baltimore- TE Dennis Pitta
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #15 – Pittsburgh Steelers – OLB Lawrence Timmons
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 2 #35- St. Louis Rams- ILB James Laurinaitis
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed