The Dolphins finally take a safety(They traded at least 2 6th round picks to move up) and he looks like one of the team’s better selections. Then the question is- Why did Jones slip this far? The NFL profile says there are concerns about Jones but nothing specific. I don’t have good vibes about this particular draft of Miami’s.
NFL.com writes- The Dolphins continue to upgrade their secondary. This kid had 11 career INTs. He’s an explosive hitter with good ball skills. One concern is that he misses too many tackles looking for the big hit. Needs to improve his instincts in the deep half of the field.
Jones is a big strong safety with good athleticism. He has been a productive starter for Georgia over the past two seasons. Jones has decent range in pursuit but lacks great speed, lateral agility and quickness in man coverage schemes. He is better attacking the line of scrimmage than in space and maybe best in the box. Jones is quick to the fill the alley and shows good pop and power as a tackler. He can over run or not take the proper angle at times and this gets him out of position to maintain leverage on the ball. Jones will drop some balls he should catch and shows average balls skills for the safety position. Jones has enough size and athleticism to be a solid NFL safety but there are concerns that may affect his draft status.
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #14- Seattle(From Denver)- S Earl Thomas
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 2 #38- Cleveland- S T.J. Ward
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #5â€“ Kansas City- S Eric Berry
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 5 #165 – Miami Dolphins – S Chris Clemons
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #28- Miami(From San Diego)- DT Jared Odrick
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 3 #11- Chicago- S Major Wright
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #8- Oakland- LB Ronaldo McClain
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 2 #37- Philadelphia- S Nathaniel Allen
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 2 #34- Minnesota- CB Chris Cook
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 2 #35- Tampa Bay- DT Brian Price
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed