The Bucs had all sorts of problems with their kicking game last year. A new placekicker could be of help but I doubt Tampa will use a 2nd selection on a kicker.
NFL.com writes- Pick Analysis: The Buccaneers were among the league’s worst teams in punting average last season, so they grab Virginia Tech’s Brent Bowden. Bowden excels at dropping the ball inside the 20-yard line, and enjoyed a breakout year last season with the Hokies.
Bowden has good size and athleticism for the position. He had his most productive season in 2009, averaging 43.8 yards per attempt and showing excellent ability to drop the ball inside the 20-yard line. Bowden is a self made punter that had to sit for a couple of seasons before securing the starting position. His mechanics are solid but he needs to continue to improve his overall consistency at the next level. Bowden has the tools to develop into a solid punter in the league but doesnâ€™t have elite talent to be an impact player as a punter.
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 5 #19- New England- P Zoltan Mesko
- Cowboys Sign McBriar to 5 Year, $8.5 Million Deal
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 5 #32- Miami- S Reshad Jones
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #19- Atlanta – LB Sean Weatherspoon
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 1 #20 – Tampa Bay Buccanneers- CB Aqib Talib
- NFL Draft 2011 Round 1 #4 Cincinnati Bengals WR A.J. Green
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 2 #34- Minnesota- CB Chris Cook
- Dallas Cowboys Draft Kicker Nick Folk
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 1 #18- Denver Broncos- DE Robert Ayers
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 3 #11- Chicago- S Major Wright
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed