In addition to draft selections, NFL teams are wheeling and dealing the players they have already. From AP-
The New York Jets have traded versatile running back Leon Washington and a seventh-round pick to the Seattle Seahawks for a fifth-round draft pick.
The popular Washington is recovering from a broken right leg. He was dealt Saturday a few hours after the Seahawks acquired running back LenDale White from Tennessee.
Washington was made expendable when the Jets traded up in the fourth round and drafted Southern California running back Joe McKnight.
Washington’s future is in doubt because of a badly broken leg he suffered in a game last October. In light of the Jets crowded backfield, I wouldn’t have given up a 5th round pick for this player. Washington was likely to be cut loose before training camps open.
- Minnesota Wild trade Benoit Pouliot to Montreal
- Brett Favre Traded to New York Jets
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 4 – Dallas Trades Down Again – And Again!- And Again!
- NFL Trade: Lelie to Falcons, Duckett to ‘Skins, Pick to Broncos
- Seahawks Sign Branch to $39M Deal, Pats Charge Tampering
- Let us set the record straight
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 3 – Cowboys Trade 3rd to Detroit
- Cowboys Trade TE Ryan to Jets, Who Send TE Jolley to Bucs
- Former NFL Player Mosi Tatupu dead at 54
- Texans Sign Williams
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed