16 again- Texas HS Basketball player really 22
Guerdwich Montimere first played high school basketball in Florida. From AP-
Police say a West Texas student who led his high school basketball team to the state playoffs last season was actually a 22-year-old man.
Police say the basketball star was really Guerdwich Montimere, a naturalized U.S. citizen from Haiti. School officials say he was recognized last month by Florida coaches as having once been a high school player in Fort Lauderdale.
Ector County school district officials say the man posed as 16-year-old Jerry Joseph and enrolled at Permian High School in Odessa.
The school’s basketball coach, Danny Wright, says he even let the boy live with him.
Montimere was arrested Tuesday and booked on a charge of presenting false identification to a peace officer.
A few years ago there was a 30-year-old playing high school soccer or here in Florida. BTW when I when I went to Deerfield Beach HS, we were in the same district as Dillard the Florida school that Montimere first attended.
This article questions whether Montimere is legally in the United States.
- Browns DB Kenny Wright jailed
- Texas Community College Women’s basketball coach arrested
- Florida A&M Basketball coach charged with stalking
- Atlanta Falconsâ€™ OT Quinn Ojinnaka arrested over Facebook fracas
- Harvard men’s basketball team to be investigated for recruiting violations
- Central Florida fires Basketball coach Kirk Speraw
- Chargers LB Steve Foley Shot Three Times by Police
- Two high school football games moved due to burrowing owls
- Tennessee Martin basketball coach resigns after internal audit
- 1984 Olympic Bronze medalist shot putter Dave Laut dead at 52
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed