He has two career wins. From AP-
NASCAR driver Brian Vickers was hospitalized with blood clots in his legs and around his lungs.
Red Bull Racing general manager Jay Frye says Vickers is on medication and was hopeful of being released from the hospital on Friday.
Frye says Vickers complained of discomfort on his chest and went to the hospital. He says the team is not sure what caused the clots.
Frye says there is “no timetable” for Vickers’ return.
The 26-year-old is in his seventh full season racing in NASCAR’s elite Sprint Cup Series. He has two career Cup wins and made the 12-driver Chase for the championship last season.
It sounds like Vickers suffered a pulmonary embolism which is very serious. I know about it from personal, a PE almost killed me in 2005. The medication Vickers will take is coumadin. It is a blood thinner and I’m still taking it today.
Vickers could be back racing very quickly. I hope he gets well soon.
- Kyle Busch wins Watkins Glen
- Bump in the road- Jamie McMurray wins the Daytona 500
- IRL Driver Paul Dana Dies After Crash
- Danica Patrick Moving to NASCAR?
- Jacksonville Jaguars OT Richard Collier paralyzed
- Harness horse driver Wally Hennessey gets his 7000th career win
- Michael Waltrip’s crew chief, director suspended
- F1 driver Felipe Massa’s skull fractured in freak accident
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. Joins Hendrick Team
- Heath Shuler Uses NASCAR Race to Advertise Congressional Race
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed