He was leading the team in homeruns before getting hurt. From ESPN-
Los Angeles Angels first baseman Kendry Morales had surgery on his broken left ankle Thursday, and afterward the team said Morales was expected to miss the rest of the season.
Doctors had originally said Morales could begin bearing weight on his left leg within four to six weeks of the surgery and might be able to return in September. The surgery was delayed for 12 days by swelling in the area of the fractured fibula.
Morales broke his leg celebrating his game-winning grand slam May 29. He was batting .290 with 11 home runs and 39 RBIs when he was injured.
It was a fluke accident. Now MLB needs a rule to prevent these things from happening again. More beneath the fold.
- Pittsburgh Steelers’ Willie Parker breaks leg
- Battered- Chris Carpenter hits grand slam, gets 17th win, St. Louis beats Cincinnati 13-0
- LA Dodger pitcher Chad Billingsley breaks leg at home
- Cleveland Indians score 14 runs in one inning
- Ottawa Senators’ Daniel Alfredsson out with a fractured jaw
- Roger Federer wins his 4th Australian Open
- Venus Williams wins her 5th Wimbledon title
- Comeback kids- Kim Clijsters defeats Justine Henin to win Brisbane Intl. title
- Rockies Continue Hot Streak in Win Over Devil Rays
- Grand Slam of Golf leaving for Bermuda- Who cares?
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed