He replaces Interim Manager Juan Samuel. From ESPN-
Buck Showalter was hired to manage the Baltimore Orioles on Thursday, his latest rebuilding project in a major league career full of them.
Showalter’s first game will be Tuesday night at Camden Yards against the Los Angeles Angels.
Baltimore had the worst record in the majors at 31-70 going into Thursday night against the Kansas City Royals and is headed toward its 13th straight losing season. The Orioles fired manager Dave Trembley on June 4 and replaced him on an interim basis with Juan Samuel.
“Buck Showalter’s proven track record makes him the right choice for manager of the Orioles,” president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail said in a statement. “We believe Buck’s extensive experience and expertise will be a major benefit to us as we look towards a more successful future.”
Samuel will return to his job as the team’s third-base coach. Baltimore went 16-31 with him in charge.
While I’ve always liked Showalter since his days as Skipper of the Fort Lauderdale Yankees, it will take a lot more than a good manager to reverse Baltimore’s fortunes.
- Kick dirt on him(Tom Hicks) Bucky!
- Arizona Diamondbacks fire Manager A.J. Hinch
- Orioles Fire Perlozzo
- Cleveland Indians fire Manager Eric Wedge
- Royals Week in Review – 5/11/07
- Former MLB Outfielder Curt Motton dead at 69
- Royals Spring Training Preview – Catchers
- Royals Week in Review – 5/25/07
- Washington Nationals fire Manager Manny Acta
- Edgar Allan Tex?
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed