He pled guilty to DUI last week. From ESPN-
Edmonton Oilers goalie Nikolai Khabibulin has been sentenced to 30 days in jail stemming from his Arizona drunken-driving conviction.
The four-time All-Star received the sentence Tuesday in Scottsdale City Court. He was also fined $5,100 and must enroll in an alcohol-treatment program.
He was ordered to report to jail Saturday, but that could be delayed because he’s appealing his sentence.
The 37-year-old played for the Phoenix Coyotes from 1996-99 and still has a home in Paradise Valley. He was pulled over in his Ferrari on Feb. 8, after the car was clocked at 70 mph in a 45 mph zone.
The Bulin Wall, who wasn’t having a particularly good 2009-10 season when problems brought to an end early on, is still under contract for 3 more years. If he wasn’t, I think Edmonton would part ways with Khabibulin.
- Edmonton Goalie Nikolai Khabibulin to have back surgery
- Nikolai Khabibulin notches his 300th career win
- Rick Tocchet pleads guilty in gambling case
- Chicago Blackhawks waive goalie Nikolai Khabibulin
- Ilya Bryzgalov signs 3-year contract extension with Phoenix Coyotes
- Baltimore Ravens acquire WR Donte Stallworth
- Coming apart?- Buffalo routs Phoenix 7-2
- Post NHL All-Star game playoff assessment- Western Conference
- Los Angeles King Winger Justin Williams suffers a broken leg
- Florida Panthers acquire C Steve Reinprecht from Phoenix
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed