He had been in the job less than three years. From the Sun-Sentinel-
You knew this day was coming eventually, but nobody saw it coming so soon.
Bill Parcells has given up daily control of the Miami Dolphins’ football operations, according to a statement released by the team Tuesday afternoon.
“Effective immediately, Jeff Ireland will assume full control over all aspects and decisions in regard to the Miami Dolphins football team and support staff,” the statement reads. “This was the intent of the structure put in place in the past. Bill Parcells will remain with the club on a daily consultant basis.”
Parcells, who turned 69 on Aug. 22, had been executive vice president of football operations for the Dolphins since Dec. 20, 2007. He has two seasons left on his original four-year contract.
It’s unclear if Parcells or Ireland will alter their official titles in any way, but that appears unlikely at this point.
Whatever the reason for Parcells stepping down, I don’t much change in the Dolphins immediate future. The team still seems to bungle things too much to be more than a fringe playoff team or contender.
- Parcells Fires Mueller, Cameron Next?
- Cowboys’ Jeff Ireland New Dolphins GM
- Bill Parcells to stay with Miami Dolphins
- Miami Dolphins fire Coach Cam Cameron
- The Miami Dolphins want Trent Green back at QB?
- Let the Tony Sparano/Miami Dolphin watch begin
- Miami Dolphin Coach Cam Cameron is toast
- Bill Parcells to join the Miami Dolphins?
- Jason Taylor and The Miami Dolphins- The end of the road?
- Dolphins Sign Jake Long
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed