Some pro football players can’t avoid getting into trouble during the regular season. From ESPN-
New York Jets receiver Braylon Edwards was arrested on a drunken driving charge in New York early Tuesday morning.
The Jets expressed their disappointment in the receiver in a statement from general manager Mike Tannenbaum on Tuesday.
“We are very disappointed in Braylon’s actions this morning. The Player Protect program is in place for our organization to prevent this situation. Braylon is aware of this program and showed poor judgment,” Tannenbaum said.
“We are reviewing the information with the league and will impose the appropriate disciplinary measures.”
The 27-year-old Edwards was pulled over for having overly tinted windows in his Range Rover. He was arrested at 5:15 a.m. after police smelled alcohol and administered a breathalyzer. According to the New York Post, Edwards blew .16 on the breathalyzer — a blood-alcohol content that is twice the legal limit.
Edwards has had a previous run-in with the law(during the regular season) and the NFL didn’t hand down a suspension. This time I don’t think he will be so lucky.
- Cleveland Browns trade WR Braylon Edwards to the NY Jets
- New Orleans DE Bobby McCray arrested for DUI
- Not pretty at all- NY Jets beat Buffalo 19-13
- Quincy Carter Arrested on Marijuana Charges
- Rays Prospect Dukes Charged with Marijuana Possession
- Detroit Catcher Gerald Laird and his brother arrested after brawl
- NY Giants release Plaxico Burress
- NY Jets fire coach Eric Mangini
- He swings a pretty good bat too
- NFL fines Jets $100,000 for tripping incident
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed