Were they with or without syrup?
A frustrated Toronto Maple Leafs fan who threw waffles on the ice at the Air Canada Centre will have to admire his team from afar.
Joseph Robb was charged with criminal mischief and barred from the arena for throwing waffles on the ice at a Maple Leafs game to protest the team’s performance this season. The 12-17-4 Leafs were 28th out of the NHL’s 30 teams entering Wednesday’s games.
Robb, of Oakville, Ontario, says he’s “just a normal Leafs fan, I love them to death.”
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment vice president Bob Hunter says Robb’s actions during Monday night’s game against the Atlanta Thrashers were inappropriate.- Associated Press
The waffles in question were uncooked Eggos, but we don’t know what flavor. No syrup was found on the offending waffles.
Robb has been banned from other sporting events because of his unruly behavior. He’s an out of control jerk, IMHO. Normal fans don’t throw uncooked food on the ice and disrupt games.
- Toronto’s Nik Antropov suspended 3 games for throwing stick
- NHL Hall of Famer Ted ‘Teeder’ Kennedy dead at 83
- Rout- Florida Panthers beat Toronto Maple Leafs 8-0
- Hockey fan buys dressing room toilet for $5,300
- Ron Wilson becomes new Toronto Maple Leafs coach
- Toronto Maple Leafs trade Goalie Justin Pogge to Anaheim
- Toronto Maple Leafs complete separate trades with Anaheim and Calgary
- Home away from home- Tampa Bay beats Atlanta 2-1
- Washington Capitals fire coach Glen Hanlon
- Toronto Maple Leaf Goalie Jonas Gustavsson to see cardiac specialist
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed