Nothing is bouncing well for the NHL’s worst hockey team.
When Clayton Stoner drew up the first goal of his NHL career as a kid, it probably didn’t look anything like the game-winner he scored against the New Jersey Devils on Tuesday night. From NHL.com-
Out of gas at the end of a shift early in the third period, the rookie defenseman of the Minnesota Wild dumped the puck into the zone and turned toward the bench. Stoner never saw the puck hit the stick of Ilya Kovalchuk, ricochet off the glass and carom into a vacated net.
The goal turned out to be the difference in the Wild’s 2-1 victory at Prudential Center.
“I was thinking about burning the tape and telling a different story a few years from now,” the 25-year-old said. “It was a lucky goal. It was one of those ones that sometimes you need that lucky goal just to win a hockey game. We needed those two points. That’s pretty huge.”
Here’s the goal.
Ilya Kovalchuck scored his 12th goal of the season last night. That would tie him for the team lead on the Florida Panthers. All that goal production for 6-7 million dollars a year.
- Sharks Goalie Evgeni Nabokov shuts out Phoenix third straight time
- Payback- Florida beats Atlanta 4-3
- Throwing in the towel- Phoenix beats Florida 4-3
- We’re streaking! Florida Panthers beat Anaheim 3-1
- Outdueled- Florida Panthers beat Buffalo 6-2
- Banging my head against the wall- Florida blows 3-1 lead and loses to Edmonton
- Martin Brodeur earns 95th career shutout
- All even- Chicago beats Vancouver 2-1 in overtime
- Malaise- Calgary beats Florida 2-1
- Nikolai Khabibulin notches his 300th career win
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed