Carolyn Peck, who coached Florida’s women to a 69-74 record in five seasons, was relieved of her duties on Monday effective at the end of the year.
Peck will receive a buyout of approximately $300,000 because she had a year remaining on her contract.
â€œI love the University of Florida,â€ Peck said at a news conference. â€œThe reason the University of Florida athletics ranks with the best in the nation is that Jeremy Foley has the guts to make the tough decisions.â€
Florida is 6-20, 0-11 in the SEC.
If Ms. Peck was sincere in her statement at the press conference, she is a classy lady. I wish her well in whatever her future endeavors are. Hopefully it will include coaching basketball.
If you read the 82 word Gainesville Sun article written by Pat Dooley, you’ll find one word missing. It is the sport Ms. Peck coached, it is called basketball. Back to Sports Journalism 101 with you Mr. Dooley.
See I don’t only pick on golf writers.
- Tennessee to name Derek Dooley its new head football coach
- Chicago Bulls’ Joakim Noah arrested for possession of marijuana
- Phil Jackson and Roy Williams Elected to Hall of Fame
- Florida Gators’ 2006 BCS Title Trophy Falls Off Stand, Breaks
- Penn State’s Rene Portland resigns
- Billy Donovan not going to the Orlando Magic?
- Billy Donovan to Coach Orlando Magic
- Clemson Men’s Soccer Coach Trevor Adair resigns
- Eddie Sutton Retires, Replaced by Son, Sean
- Florida International University hires Isiah Thomas
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed