Considering that “Mr. Irrelevant” gets picked at 255, he might not want get his hopes up.
Player Evaluation:A developing corner whoâ€™s shown a lot of promise, Ball is a late-round selection who could be used as a nickel or dime back for a variety of defensive systems.
STRENGTHS: Burst Out Of Breaks, Instincts
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT: Jamming Ability, Tackling Ability
Biography: Four-year starter who posted career totals of 62/1/11 last season after 55/1/5 as a junior.
Pos: Tall, thin cover corner who plays heads-up football. Effective facing the action, works well with safeties and quickly breaks on the ball. Reads the action, displays a good degree of suddenness to his game and fast up the field defending the run. Gives effort in all aspects of the game.
Neg: Not strong at the point, has tackles broken and loses out in battles. Struggles staying with receivers out from their breaks.
BIOGRAPHY: Four-year starter who posted career totals of 62/1/11 last season after 55/1/5 as a junior.
POSITIVES: Tall, thin cover corner who plays heads-up football. Effective facing the action, works well with safeties and quickly breaks on the ball. Reads the action, displays a good degree of suddenness to his game and fast up the field defending the run.
NEGATIVES: Not strong at the point, has tackles broken and loses out in battles. Struggles staying with receivers out from their breaks.
ANALYSIS: A developing corner who.s shown a lot of promise, Ball is a late-round selection who could be used as a nickel or dime back for a variety of defensive systems.
PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent
2006: Ranks third in the Big Ten in passes defended in conference games with 1.10 per game … Posted a tackle for loss and a pass broken up against Ohio State … Recorded four tackles, including three solos, at Wisconsin … Recorded five tackles, including four solos, and had two PBUs at Penn State … Recorded five tackles, including three solos, against Ohio … Recorded a career-high four PBUs in addition to two tackles – one solo – against Indiana … Recorded five tackles, including three solos, at Michigan State … Tied a career high with two TFLs against Iowa … Also had seven tackles, including six solos, and a PBU against the Hawkeyes … Tied a career high with two PBUs against Syracuse … Also had three tackles, including one solo, against the Orange … Intercepted a pass and recorded seven tackles, including five solos, at Rutgers … Recorded eight tackles, including five solos, against Eastern Illinois … Also had 0.5 TFL vs. the Panthers.
2005: Named the team’s Outstanding Defensive Back … Played in all 11 games, starting the final seven … Finished fourth on the team in total tackles with 55 … Posted four tackles for loss, one interception and a team-leading five passes broken up … Had a season-best 10 tackles, including seven solos, against Wisconsin … Alsp posted two tackles for loss that game … Made an acrobatic one-handed interception at Indiana along with seven tackles … Wrapped up the season with a nine-tackle performance with a tackle for loss in the season finale against Northwestern … Broke up two passes and had six tackles against Penn State.
2004: Racked up 37 tackles, one PBU and one TFL in 10 starts … Made a season-high eight stops vs. UCLA and Western Michigan … Had five tackles, a TFL and a PBU vs. Michigan … Added four solo stops vs. Iowa … Had a tackle in every game he played.
2003: Totaled 44 tackles, four PBU’s and one forced fumble in seven games, including five starts … Made a career-high 11 solo stops at Iowa … Had nine tackles and a forced fumble at Purdue … Added eight tackles vs. Wisconsin and California … Had five tackles and two PBU’s vs. Northwestern.
His Scouts, Inc. profile is empty, other than a grade of 30.
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #17 – Denver Broncos – DE Jarvis Moss
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 5 #166 – Dallas Cowboys – S Michael Hamlin
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 5 #143 – Dallas Cowboys – DB DeAmgelo Smith
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 7 #227 – Dallas Cowboys – CB Mike Mickens
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 1 #31 New York Giants – S Kenny Phillips
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 3 #69 – Dallas Cowboys- LB Jason Williams
- Dallas Cowboys Draft CB Courtney Brown
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 4 #120 – Dallas Cowboys – DE Brandon Williams
- Ramzee Robinson 2007′s ‘Mr. Irrelevant’
- Chicago Bears sign LB Pisa Tinoisamoa
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed