I’ll be departing for home shortly. Tomorrow I will be back in attendance for the first round of play.
*- Morgan Pressel, Christie Kerr, and Natalie Gulbis all missed this morning’s pro-am. They were in Las Vegas to shoot the Wendy’s 3-Tour Challenge. The charter plane that was to fly these players back to Florida had mechanical problems.
Pressel, Kerr, and Gulbis are all expected to arrive late today. All three players have extensive experience at this course. I don’t think it will affect how they play this week.
*- LPGA Drug tesing will begin in 2008. For the most part, the LPGA has been ahead of the curve compared to other tours on this issue.
Drug testing of pro golfers has never particularly struck a nerve with me. I’ve never felt its been in an issue in golf. Maybe I’m naive in that opinion, but it is one I’ve held for some time. I hope testing proves me right.
*- Dolores Hope has donated a gift of one million dollars to the LPGA Foundation.
*- For those eight players who qualify for play Sunday, a special lottery drawing will be done. Players will then have the choice of which group they want to play in Sunday.
Karrie Webb at her press conference yesterday said she wouldn’t pick either the first or last group on Sunday if given the choice. I suspect many LPGA pros will take a similar philosophy.
- ADT Championship 3rd Round Cut
- ADT Championship Day two- The Carnage
- LPGA announces banned drug list
- Golf World’s Ron Sirak is an imbecile
- The ADT Championship starts today
- Another winless year for Ai Miyazato
- Kraft Nabisco Championship starts today
- ADT Round One
- She did it- Michelle Wie wins Lorena Ochoa Invitational
- Comeback- Brittany Lincicome wins Kraft Nabisco Championship
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed