The twenty-six-year-old spent most of last season in the minor leagues. From AP-
NEW YORK (Reuters) – Cleveland Indians pitcher Juan Lara was seriously hurt in a car accident after a Winter League game this weekend in the Dominican Republic, a spokesman for the American League team told baseball Web site www.mlb.com.
Two people died in the accident Saturday night, and Lara was taken to a Dominican hospital for treatment, according to Indians spokesman Bart Swain.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper quoted an unnamed team spokesman as saying Lara suffered “life-threatening injuries.”
Left-handed reliever Lara was stopped in his car at an intersection in San Pedro de Macoris shortly after his Winter League game for Estrellas when a motorcycle slammed into the vehicle, Swain said.
The two people riding the motorcycle were killed.
Cardinal pitcher Josh Hancock was the last active MLB player to be killed in an auto accident. Lets pray Lara recovers from the crash.
- Oh Crap – Big Ben in Motorcycle Accident
- LaVar Arrington Injured in Motorcyle Accident
- Cleveland Indians name Manny Acta to be manager
- Chico Corrales Killed in Motorcycle Crash
- Josh Hancock Dies in Car Accident
- F1 driver Felipe Massa’s skull fractured in freak accident
- Former MLB Pitcher Jose Lima Dies At 37
- Former Minnesota Viking safety Karl Kassulke dead at 67
- Former MLB Pitcher Herb Score dead at 75
- Roethlisberger told he was close to dying
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed