Did the Navy Defense miss the flight to Texas? From AP-
DENTON, Texas – Navy and North Texas combined to score 94 points in the first half Saturday and 63 in the second quarter to break two major college football records.
North Texas led 49-45 at the half. The previous record for points in a half of a major college game was 76, set by Houston and Tulsa in 1968.
North Texas led 21-10 after the first quarter, but Navy outscored the Mean Green 35-28 in the second. The Midshipmen had 325 yards of total offense in the second quarter, while North Texas gained 265.
The old mark for points in a quarter was set Nov. 6, 1999, when San Jose State and Hawaii combined to score 61 points in the fourth quarter. Hawaii won the game 62-41.
Note that the AP article doesn’t even mention the final score of the game. I went here to find it out. Navy won 74-62.
- Did Saban Run Up the Score?
- Navy promotes Ken Niumatalolo to head football coach
- Alabama Beats Texas 37-21 for National Championship
- How about them 6-4 Miami Dolphins?
- Easiest College Football Schedules
- Navy runs by Wake Forest 13-10
- Donald Driver sets new Packer reception record as Green Bay beats Detroit 26-0
- San Jose Sharks at 50 points after 5-4 win over St. Louis
- Ship wreck- Navy beats Notre Dame 23-21
- Steelers Post Mortem
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed