When Michelle tees it up on June 26th, it will be her fourth LPGA event of 2008. From AP-
ROCKVILLE, MD — Despite playing 36 holes on a humid day with temperatures nearly reaching triple digits, Michelle Wie was still able to flash a big smile as she sat down with the media.
Qualifying for the U.S. Women’s Open will do that.
Playing on two different courses, Wie carded rounds of 70 and 67 and her 137 total was the second-best score on the day and more than enough to qualify her for the 2008 Open, to be played later this month at the Interlachen Country Club in Edina, Minn.
“I think I did pretty well. It feels good to be playing good again,” said Wie, who has struggled with her game for much of the last year. “There were a lot of shots that I left out there today with the putting and a couple of errant tee shots in the middle, but other than that I’m pretty pleased with my round and I’m really happy to be playing at the U.S. Open.”
Wie’s strong finish in Germany is encouraging so far as a sign the teen’s golf game is returning. I still believe more evidence is needed before saying conclusively Michelle Wie is back.
- Michelle Wie half way to Qualifying for Men’s US Open
- Michelle Wie misses cut at European Masters
- Michelle Wie withdraws from the Ginn Tribute
- Michelle Wie to play in another PGA Tour event
- Michelle Wie is back but is her golf game?
- Move over Michelle Wie Part II
- No US Open for Michelle Wie
- In Kyung Kim wins Omega Dubai Ladies Masters
- Angela Stanford wins 2009 LPGA season opener
- Move over Michelle Wie Part IV
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed