The third year Offensive lineman had recently been beaten out for a starting job. From AP-
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Jacksonville Jaguars offensive tackle Richard Collier was shot while waiting for some women outside an apartment early Tuesday and sustained life-threatening injuries, authorities said.
Collier, 26, and former Jaguars player Kenneth Pettway were waiting in a car when a gunman shot into the vehicle, Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office spokesman Ken Jefferson said. Collier was shot several times but it’s not clear where he was hit.
Collier was in critical condition at Shands Jacksonville Medical Center, a hospital official said. The motive behind the attack was unclear, and the sheriff’s office was investigating.
Tragic and sad. Lets pray Collier recovers from the shooting.
- Jacksonville Jaguars OT Richard Collier paralyzed
- New Orleans Saints DE Charles Grant stabbed in assault
- Washington Redskins Safety Sean Taylor shot at home
- Tampa Bay Buccaneer Linebacker stabbed by girlfriend
- Oklahoma WR injured in car crash
- Puckett in Critical Condition after Stroke
- Minnesota Timberwolves suspend C Al Jefferson after DWI arrest
- Samford University basketball player Jim Griffin dead at 23
- Chargers LB Steve Foley Shot Three Times by Police
- Chris Simms has spleen removed
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed