No the participants in this year’s World Series aren’t homeless. From the Tampa Tribune-
PHILADELPHIA – The Tampa Bay Rays had to scramble for hotel rooms when Game 5 of the World Series was suspended because of bad weather.
The Rays had booked rooms at the Westin Hotel in downtown Philadelphia only through Monday, believing they would be heading back to St. Petersburg on Tuesday.
When Monday night’s game was suspended because of rain, the Rays found that the rooms they had rented at the Westin were already booked.
After some calls, the team found a hotel that had enough rooms for all the players – the posh Hotel du Pont in downtown Wilmington, Del., about 25 miles south of Citizens Bank Park.
Cue the sarcastic laughter
- The Tampa Bay
DevilRays change Name, Mascot, and Uniforms
- Tampa Bay Rays earn spot in World Series
- Philadelphia Phillie Jamie Moyer hospitalized with blood infection
- Rays Prospect Dukes Charged with Marijuana Possession
- Tampa Bay Rays trade 2B Akinori Iwamura to Pittsburgh
- Roy Halladay throws second no-hitter in postseason history
- Philadelphia newspaper apologizes for incorrect World Series advertisement
- Tampa Bay Rays sign Troy Percival
- Detroit, New Jersey Win 1st Round Series; Dallas-Vancouver Game 7 Tonight
- Tampa Bay Rays trade P Scott Kazmir to the Angels
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed