Will Green Bay give Derrick Frost a plane ticket to somewhere sunny as a parting gift? From AP-
The Green Bay Packers have seen enough from inconsistent punter Derrick Frost.
Coach Mike McCarthy said Monday the team was going to cut Frost and replace him with another player this week. McCarthy said Frost, who was signed when the team cut Jon Ryan just before the season opener in September, performed well in practices but couldn’t carry it over to games.
Frost has had only eight punts downed inside the 20-yard line all season, tying him for 29th in the league. He averaged 42.1 yards per punt and 36.1 net yards, putting him outside the league’s top 20 in both categories.
The Packers are still in the hunt in the weak NFC central. I doubt the reason for it is their Frost’s poor stats. Kickers often make easy scapegoats.
- Green Bay’s Chad Clifton: Under the Radar
- Packers QB Aaron Rodgers Out for Season, Brett Favre Questionable
- Woodson Signs with Packers
- Cowboys Sign McBriar to 5 Year, $8.5 Million Deal
- T.O. Dallas Cowboys MVP?
- Romo and Tomlinson NFL Players of Month
- Javon Walker Traded to Broncos for a 2nd Round Pick
- Kansas City Testing Trade Waters with Johnson
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #14 – New York Jets – CB Darrelle Revis
- Freeman to the rescue- Tampa Bay beats Green Bay 38-28
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed