Boston hadn’t lost a game since November 14th. From AP-
Kobe Bryant had 27 points, nine rebounds and five assists, Pau Gasol scored seven of his 20 points in the final three minutes, and the Lakers beat Boston 92-83 Thursday to snap the Celtics’ franchise-record 19-game winning streak.
The game was the first between the teams since the Celtics romped to a 131-92 victory in Game 6 of the Finals last June to win their first championship in 22 years and league-high 17th title.
LA coach Phil Jackson also notched his 1,000th victory.
- Boston Celtics win 14th in a row, beat NO 94-82
- Former NBA Player Dennis Johnson dead at 52
- On top- LA Lakers beat Charlotte 99-97
- Buzzer beater- LA Clippers beat Boston 92-90
- All net- Orlando beats Boston 117-96 to take 2-1 series lead
- Celtics Defeat Cavaliers In NBA Playoffs, LeBron James Speculation Begins
- Reggie Miller Comeback With Celtics?
- Florida and Ohio State in Another Championship Game
- Not Even Jesus Can Save the Lakers
- Pistons Fire Flip Saunders
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed