The coach who will turn 82 later this month, has led the Nittany Lions since 1966. From AP-
Penn State coach Joe Paterno has a new three-year contract extension to go along with his new hip.
The Hall of Famer and winningest coach in major college football history has agreed to a new deal with the university, the athletic department said Tuesday in a statement.
The agreement will provide “for the opportunity of Coach Joe Paterno leading the football program through the 2011 season,” the statement said. JoePa turns 82 on Sunday.
“It was also agreed that the parties might re-evaluate their circumstances and alter the arrangement by either shortening or extending its length as necessary,” the statement said.
The agreement ends months of speculation about Paterno’s future since his current deal had expired following this season. University president Graham Spanier and Paterno had announced in the spring that Paterno didn’t need something in writing to stay on a job he’s had a record 43 years.
Does anyone honestly think Paterno will be still coaching in 2011 when he’ll turn 85?
- Joe Paterno Ties Longetivity Record
- Paterno and Bowden Headline 2006 Hall of Fame Class
- Reports say Florida State will annonce Jimbo Fisher as Bobby Bowden’s successor
- Billy Donovan to Coach Orlando Magic
- Jim O’Brien Wins $2.2 Million from Ohio State
- Bill Parcells no longer Miami Dolphin VP of Football Operations
- New Mexico football coach Mike Locksley accused of sexual harassment
- Florida Marlins agree to increase team payroll
- Pat Riley to return as Miami Heat coach
- Bobby Bowden Not Quite Ready to Retire
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed