He is the 4th most accurate kicker in NFL history. From ESPN-
The Cincinnati Bengals have used their designated franchise tag, and it’s not on the player some expected.
On Monday, the team tagged kicker Shayne Graham for the 2009 season. Graham will be paid $2.483 million, the average salary of the top five kickers in the NFL from the previous season to remain in a Bengal uniform.
“Shayne has consistently performed at a high level for us, and we expect that same performance in 2009 and hopefully beyond,” Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said in a statement. “We’ll continue to speak with Shayne and his representatives about signing a longer-term deal.”
Graham ranks fourth all-time in NFL field-goal accuracy at 85.6 in nine seasons. He would be allowed to negotiate with other teams, but that club would face the unlikely scenario of giving up first-round draft choices in 2009 and 2010.
If a placekicker is a team’s most valuable property, that says volumes about the rest of the team. The Bengals went 4-11-1 last year and only the most optimistic of souls will pick them to win more than 6 games in 2009.
- Eagles, Bengals play to NFL’s first tie in six years at 13-13
- I get a kick out of you- Chad Ochocinco kicks winning PAT in Cincinnati win over New England
- Dallas Cowboys Draft Kicker Nick Folk
- Cowboys Cut Mike Vanderjagt
- Vinatieri Signed by Colts
- New Orleans Saints give boot to kickers
- NFL owners pass change to playoff Overtime rules
- LeBreton: Vanderjagt More Important Signing than T.O.
- Dallas Cowboys Kicking Woes Continue
- Mike Vanderjagt, Idiot Kicker, Key to Cowboys’ Hopes
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed